What size cleaning company for my business?
When deciding what sort of cleaning company is right for your office or facility one of the key questions is: “are they the right fit?”
The size and structure of a cleaning company is one of the factors to consider.
Below are some simple Pro’s & Cons for Small, Medium and Large cleaning companies
SMALL CLEANING CONTRACTOR
- Often local
- Often cheaper
- Often a quick response
- Potentially limited ability to provide additional (maintenance or restorative cleaning) services
- May struggle to meet regulatory compliance and risk management – ask the questions
- How long have they been in business (or intend to stay in business)? – ask the questions
- Could be the right fit if: you have a trusted referral, they have the ‘runs on the board’, they have proof of compliance
MID-SIZED CLEANING PROVIDER
- More established and experienced
- (Should have) compliance systems and required insurances
- (Should have) dedicated customer service function Increased capability for property services
- Some have grown in size but have lost the ability to stay connected and respond quickly
- Could be the right fit if: you are a small-medium office or commercial facility (between 200sqm and 10,00sqm), which expects an appropriate level of administrative and customer service support
- ‘Small enough to care, big enough to cope’.
LARGE CLEANING COMPANY
- Strong systems
- Formal training of staff
- Wide range of services
- Traditionally high turnover of staff
- May struggle to focus on properties that are smaller (eg less than 10,000 sqm)
- Could be the right fit if: you are a large facility (multi level CBD building, hospital), requiring multiple cleaners, cleaning every day/night, with formal account management
Of course, there are plenty of other factors to consider when selecting a cleaning company.
If you do have any questions or if you would like an obligation-free assessment of your property please contact the friendly team at Duticall.